Okay, so I've been making this for a Secret Santa gift, it's a 2008 planner. It includes a two page layout for each month. On the left side is a calendar and on the right side is a place for notes and a place for adding birthdays and anniversaries to remember for that month. I used the new Sassafrass Lass line, Bazzill cardstock in black for the inner pages, chipboard for the covers and miscellaneous buttons, florals, ribbons, rub-ons and metals for embellishing the pages. I used my Bind-It-All to punch the holes in the covers and pages and a wire coil to hold it all together! Because it's kinda chunky (LOL), I added a 7Gypsies door knob and elastic band to the covers to help keep it closed. The only thing I need to still do is finish the actual cover...I have chipboard numbers that I am going to paint and Diamond Glaze so that it reads 2008 on the cover and of course add some pretty ribbons to the coils...include a nice pen and viola!! There ya have it!! I had fun making this and I sure hope that my person likes it!!
so, without further adieu: The planner!!!



Still waiting anxiously on the arrival of my copy of the Memory Makers new idea book "601 Scrapbook Ideas" that I was lucky enough to have a layout in!! I've seen the cover and a few of the inside pages and all I can say is WOW!! Can't wait to have it in my hot little hands!!
Okay, that's about all I got for today! Beware those of you who are not fans of the Christmas music!! Next week the blog goes Merry!!! Tunes for the holidays..can't wait!!!!
Until next time,
Blessings!!
9 comments:
AWESOME!!! I love it!!!
And, I didn't know you got a layout published.....YOU GO GIRL!!! Can't wait to see!
Ramie
WOW I'm so impressed and I can guarantee that I'll love it..so send it over my way!! Seriously..great job!!!
This is gorgeous Cricket! I love that line! I wish I was your secret Santa! ... or you were mine... well, you know what I mean!
Congrats on the publication! woo hoo!!!! I'll be sure to pick up a copy too!
Thanks for the warning Cricket, I'll be back next week but I'll just have to mute ya! LOL
LOVE this planner! It is gorgeous and functional and there are few things I like more than beautifully useful!
Girl that book is just fantastic......I am so in love with it, you did a fab job.....
Well as for the Christmas music, Im not a HUGE fan, but most of the time Im bloggin here while Im at work and I have no speakers so I cant hear it anyways! When are we gonna get together?
You will be muted here too!!! Can't turn it o till about 2 weeks prior....
I can't wait to see your LO in MM. YEA!!!
This book rocks! Thanks for showing me my SS gift! Sorry Lynette!
Your planner is sharp! Whoever this is being sent to is going to scream when she opens it.
Cricket,
That planner is awesome! You do such beautiful work!
And congrats on being published! I knew this would happen. Is this your first time?
Hope you have a great Turkey Day!
Jennie
Oh WOW! That is SO Cool!!!
Your SIS is lucky!
Post a Comment