Wednesday, October 17, 2007

VAN HALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!


so, yep, today I'm still a bit fuzzy LOL...but it's not cause I drank too much or anything else, it's that I am head over heals in "crush" with Dave!!, that and my 40-something ears maybe can't handle all the loudness of a concert (heehee)...seriously, last night was a total dream come true!!! Seeing David Lee Roth back as the front man for Van Halen was it for me!! I've never, ever, EVER been a Van Hagar fan. Now, some of Sammy's tunes are ok, but I've just never liked Van Halen as much as when Diamond Dave was with em!

So, ladies, what can I say...he is freakin' HOT!!!! His body, OH MY GOSH!!! I coulda looked at him all night!! I mean, look at this:

I know, I know...he is a bit on the older side, but heck, I'm not a young-en either LOL!! I say he looks soooo much better now than his younger days...anyways, the pictures don't do him justice! His abs are cut man...so seriously cut that it's crazy and his tush...please don't get me started LOL..

okay, enough droolage for me....here are a few more concert pics...they are not taken from last night, but the costumes (if ya call the wardrobe that) are all the same, the set is the same, everything is dead on except that they were not taken in Chicago!!

Anyways, point is, I have marked another "to do" off my list, and that feels great! I had a fabulous time, probably more so than if I had seen them in my younger days...I have a great memory, saw some incredible eye candy and listened to tunes I've loved for more than half my life!! Thank you Van Halen! Thank you for bringing back Dave, for a wonderful night and for a terrific memory that I'll take with me! And, by the way, for Eddie to be coming off of throat cancer...man his guitar skills are still THE BEST!!!! Rock on dude!

Enjoy my video..."Jump" of course was the encore and the crowd went ballistic!!! Dave still has the jumps, the kicks, the moves....it's all good!


Oh yeah, for those that have asked....my grandmother's maiden name is Roth...according to my cousin Stacey Roth, Dave and I are like cousins somehow...very, very, very....soooo stinkin' very distant, but nonetheless cousins...there ya have it!

Until next time,
Blessings!

13 comments:

Brook said...

I am so jealous! Serious lust over Diamond Dave going on here!!!! I wishe they were coming to Dallas.

Barb said...

Did you take those pictures? WOW! I can never get great concert shots.

Rachel said...

Great pics and I'm so glad you enjoyed the concert...would have loved to have gone with you!!

Cathy said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I should have gone to that show too. Would have reminded me of my senior year in high school. Oh the days!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a rockin' time Cricket! My ears would be ringing for weeks.

Carla said...

Wow Cricket.......awesome that you had such a great time! Love all the pics that your shared!

Heather said...

Very cool! My ears would still be ringing! And look at those leather pants! Wow!

Tracy Lathrop said...

I am right there with you!! I am and always will be a big hair band girl of the 80s!

Balou said...

oh i loved them so much! to this day one of my fave songs ever is "Jamie's Crying"!

Kath W said...

He looks g-o-o-d! Glad to hear Eddie is doing so well, too. Gosh they bring back memories! In hs, my friend & I were seriously trying to figure out how to send ourselves to DLR. hee hee

Love the pix!

Sara said...

Well he's stayed in rather good shape hasn't he... *wiping mouth*

So were there a lot of geezers there?

Thanks for the memories - haven't see that video for 20 some years!

Robyn said...

HOLY cow! LUCKY lady!

Anna M said...

OMG! Dave and Eddie look great!

I heard "I'll Wait" on the radio the other day and thought of you!

I'm glad you had a great time!