Anyways, a bunch of us "SISters" (SIS is short for scrap in style), got together and spent the entire weekend at the Regency Inn in Antioch croppin' and talkin' and laughin' and eatin' the weekend away! Amazing as it sounds, I actually got 5 layouts completed, which is a record for me!!
We asked a very nice gentleman from the lobby if he would be kind enough to take our picture (of course this involved about 3 different cameras...we are scrapbookers ya know!), and this was the best of them, taken with Elly's camera!

Now doesn't this look like an awesome group of girls?!!
I had such a great time, feel badly in a way that it is all said and done though..we are talking about getting together soon to do an Archiver's crop though so hopefully that won't be too long!
So, um, yeah...5 layouts!! The first one is a layout I actually started awhile back, but I worked on it first at the crop and finished it off...thanks to Cathy, I am now an official Stickles addict!! This was a photo of Amanda when she was about 3 years old. We took her for the day up to Lake Geneva to the beach and she LOVED it!!

This next layout, to be fair, I started at the crop but didn't finish..it was the last hour of the crop and my mojo was pretty much gone! I had cut the background paper (Bazzill of course) and picked out the picture but that was about all I did! Last night I put this one together and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Can I also just say that I am LOVING the 6x12 format!!! I have seen a bunch of this size layouts all over SIS and have been wanting to give it a try...Martha gave me so much inspiration at the crop this weekend with her album of 6x12's that I knew I had to do one immediately!! I think this might just be a new size for me...already thinking I need to do an Ozzi album all in 6x12!!

Isn't my little guy just the cutest?! I swear, I never get enough of him, totally love me my Ozzi!!
I'll post some more layouts later...been fighting a migraine today, not sure if it's the weather or what...sure hope it's not me trying to get a cold, got a ton of fun stuff planned through next Tuesday and I soooo don't want to be feeling sick!
Alrighty then, until next time,
Blessings!
11 comments:
Oh my gosh--I wanna come next time! Looks like a great time--and you got to see Diane! YAY! : )
And I'm totally cracking up about the Dokken playing on your IPod--what other hair bands do you have on there?!?
See you SOON!
Love love LOVE your layouts too, btw.
xoxo.
Sorry about your head HURT!
Your LO's are great. I'm so sorry that I didn't go. It probably will be a regret of mine.
Yes Ozzy is a doll. Love that picture.
i am so jealous. I am a SIS in VA and I want to go to a SISTV crop. Glad you had a blast and your layouts look great.
Nice LOs Cricket!
It was great to meet you too and if you plan a Saturday up in Gurnee let me know, if the traffic from the city lets up I would love to join ya.
your l.ol's are so terrific!! that SIS crop looked (and sounded) soo much fun!
how fun!!! love your layouts!
You're so lucky you got to meet some of the SISters. Sounds like good times! Love your pages!
These are great! You are a hottie! So is Ozzie. My Capone is the same breed. He's a darling too... See what happens when I don't blog for a while... You go and post TWICE before I get over here!
LOL on the stickles Cricket...did you use it on your cards? Love your lay outs....cant wait to see more.
And to answer you, I knew about Brighton in Old Orchard......I actually got this at the Brighton in Woodfield Mall in Schumburg, there is a store out there too! I didnt get a Quote on what PEACE means from you, so come on back and leave me some PEACE/LOVE!
Talk to you soon.
Great layouts..you are so talented!!!
Sorry about your migraine..hope it went away fast!! Always thinking of you....
Your layouts rock as always!! You are a very talented artist!! What an awesome weekend with your SISters!!
Post a Comment