Wednesday, February 15, 2006

NYC and Tagged!!

Whew...back from NYC!! Mother Nature decided that we shouldn't leave as early as we had planned so she dumped about 29 inches of snow on the city and extended our stay there for a couple extra days! I have to say, there are worse places to be stuck than in Manhattan!! The snow pretty much halted the city but we ventured out anyways, bundled up and raring to go. Got some great shopping in (bought myself a new Burberry purse..gotta love my Burberry, it's just so dang classic!), had the typical New York foods, you know, hotdogs from a sidewalk vender, a slice of pizza in the village, cheesecake, deli (yumm..pastrami sandwiches) and of course a couple glasses of champaign while sitting at the hotel bar! Mandi had a blast, we took her to see all the sights, Ground Zero (which she was truly amazed by), Statue of Liberty, Park and Fifth Avenue (my fav's lol), the village and Soho, The Brooklyn Bridge, and we saw Wicked on Broadway!!!!!!! I had amazing seats for us too, we were fourth row, center from stage..I swear we were so close we could almost touch the actors. The music rocks too! I bought the cd and have it downloaded on my ipod already. Got some terrific pics and will post those later on. All in all, a wonderful long weekend we shared!

Okay, so my scrap pal Becca has decided to tag me...here we go! I'm excited, I've not been tagged before..how fun is this!?

WHAT SCRAPBOOK LINES/PRODUCT ETC. DO YOU DISLIKE? Well, I don't dislike much but I'm not a huge fan of stickers. I use alpha stickers but that is about it...

WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING YOU EVER HAD TO SCRAP? I made a scrapbook for a seventh grade boy who took a class trip to Virginia. Now, I'm a mom to a girl, didn't grow up with brothers so scrapping for a young man was difficult and definetly outta my box! Also, this was the first time I scrapped for someone else, and it was someone I don't even know, making it that much more difficult. The end result turned out nice and both Mom and son were pleased.

WHAT TECHNIQUE DO YOU USE MORE THAN ANYTHING? I tear paper and ink like mad!! You will find torn paper and inked edges on every stinkin' thing I create!! LOVE IT!!

WHAT'S THE SMALLEST SCRAP OF PAPER YOU SAVE? I don't save scraps that are smaller then a quarter sheet of paper. I used to save nearly ever friggin piece of leftover paper but never used it...I needed to free myself of that clutter and threw it all out!! Now, I don't save unless I can really get some big use out of it!

EVER HAD ANY SCRAPBOOKING RELATED INJURIES? The only thing I've done is slice my finger with my paper trimmer...ouch!

FINISH THIS SENTENCE: "IF I WASN'T A SCRAPBOOKER/STAMPER, I WOULD SPEND MY MONEY ON..." shoes!!! without a doubt, shoes!!

GIVE US YOUR BEST STORAGE OR ORGANIZATIONAL IDEA: I love my cropper hopper vertical paper storage system. I also have these really cool wooden drawer boxes from Ikea that I keep my schtuff in!! Love Ikea!!

YOU JUST WON A WEEK LONG SCRAPBOOKING CRUISE FOR 5, WHO IS GOING WITH YOU? Well, I would take my sister, my friend Kathy Willits, my friend Carol Klem, Donna Downey and Ali Edwards (can I stow Heidi Swapp in there too? LOL)

AFTER YOU HAVE ANSWERED, TAG FOUR OF YOUR BUDDIES: Well, not many of my buddies have blogs, only a couple I can think of: Tracey
Diana
Hollye


Ok, that was fun! Gotta go finish some much needed laundry and stuff...I'll post pics of NYC later on!

Blessings,
Cricket :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gee, thanks, Cricket! :) Glad you had a great time in NYC and are back safe and sound. We missed you!

Off to answer questions and tag some other unsuspecting bloggers.....

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cricket! When are you going to post your pictures from NY? Can't wait to see them!

And, thanks for taking me with on your imaginary cruise! Wonder how much we can imbibe before we have to hold onto the railings as we're walking? haha