Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Shari's Wedding Album

I can now share with ya'll the album that I made for my sister Shari for her wedding. Shari had asked me awhile back if I would make her guest book for her. She didn't want to buy one of those cheap, cheesy ones at a store and she also wanted it to be more than just a sign in book, she wanted to be able to incorporate some pictures into it as well. I immediately said yes and then immediately panicked!! LOL I mean, come on, a wedding is a big deal and here I was going to make her book, one that would be her keepsake of her big day and something I had never done before!! In the end, I think she was really pleased with it (she cried and told me it was beautiful so I think that means she liked it!!) and I had a great time making it for her! It really caused me to think outside of the box too. I couldn't find any patterned papers that I liked (her colors were chocolate brown and ivory) so I went digi! Yep, this is truly a hybrid project. All of the patterned papers are digital papers by Katie Pertiet that I printed out and used. I also used Bazzill cardstock, and incorporated lots of distressing, machine sewing, stamping etc. Some of the pages I did by using a digital element (Rhonna Farrer's beautiful elements) and printing it directly onto cardstock! If you have any questions about something I used or did, just shoot me a comment!

At the wedding, I had a bunch of people comment to me on how beautiful the book was and the wedding coordinator, who is a digi scrapper, told me it was gorgeous and that I must really be an artist! Wow!! She then told me that she could never do anything like that, especially since she does only computer scrapbooking, to which I told her "no way, this is all digi papers I just printed!!" it was pretty funny!!

Anyway, here is the album if you'd like to take a peek!


5 comments:

Ramie :-) said...

Simply GORGEOUS Cricket!!!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh that is seriously the nicest book I've ever seen!! Heck I want to get married just to have you make me one...but then that means I'd have to get divorced first and those are just too expensive!!haha

Nah I love Kevin..he's a keeper!!

Great job and I can see why your sister cried...its gorgeous!!!

Carla said...

Gilr that is an awesome book and Im sure that your sister just LOVED it.....

cinnibonbon said...

Hey Darling.

Happy Mother's Day

I hope you and Miss M...have a wonderful day together!!!!

xoxoxo

Kristie W. said...

The book is gorgeous, Cricket! What a beautiful way to remember such a special day.