I saw on someone's blog, this little version of a post. She does this every first of the month and I think that is such a cool thing, however, I decided that I would do this on the 9th of the month for the next year, starting with May 9th because, well, that is my birthday and technically, the start of "my" year! Like I said, I didn't get time on Saturday to post..and, I had a terrific birthday..didn't even spazz out about the fact that I was yet another year older..
Then came Mother's Day, another nice day for me, and so therefore, no time to post again! So....anyway, here it is...my "Today I Am" post! I will try my best to do this each month...but, forgive a girl if I forget...age and all ya know! LOL
Today I Am:
Listening:
to my hair bands! I seriously can't get enough of them. I do my 5 miles each morning to their spandex clad, big hair, pretty boy band music!! I never get tired of them...I don't think I ever will! Currently, I am really digging "Wind of Change" by The Scorpions.
Reading:
just started "Girl Meets God" by Lauren F. Winner. So far, not sure what I think...need a little more reading to fully decide on this one..
Obsessed With:
Mac makeup! Yep...started at Christmas time and it's still going strong! Also my scrapbooking obsession is always there and I have developed a real obsession with my eliptical!
Thinking About:
where to take the girl for a vaca this summer. Some thoughts are: New York City, San Francisco, Washington D.C., or Disney...still all up in the air right now...
Planning To:
start an Etsy shop. That's all right now...
Dreaming Of:
summer weather! I just want to be able to not think about what the temp is outside each day...just want warm, barefoot, days!
Enjoying:
Grey's and LOST....hate that they are ending this week...boo!
Vowing to:
always vowing to enjoy each moment, not let little things stress me out and to keep moving forward with myself...
Working on:
nothing currently! Need to get a project going and soon!
Excited About:
summer break! Not having to be up at the butt crack of dawn!
So, there you have it! Just a few things that are "me" today! I can tell you that having my birthday this year was wonderful for me...no stressing about getting older...I've taken matters into my hands....taken steps to make myself feel better about life, love and me, and it's working! I look forward to a new year, full of new experiences and comfortable healthy habits! I smile when I think about the possiblities ahead and I can't wait!
As for scrappy stuff....haven't really done much since the wedding album. I did manage to eek out a card for my mom...had fun playing with some new Crafty Secrets papers (new to me) and I wanted to give this card a really feminine feel...used some pretty antique trim I found at the local antique mall, used a chipboard butterfly to which I painted, spritzed with some Glimmer Mist and then added a touch of glitter to...some sewing, distressing and the addition of pearls (I love pearls) helped to finish it off! I also used my Nesties to make the "Mom" embellie and some Heidi Swapp gems for a little bling (I was too lazy to cut them apart..oh well..LOL)...
I do have a bunch of new scrappy fun stuff to play with, just gotta find the time to use it!
Until next time,
Blessings!
2 comments:
I love this..I might have to copy this someday!!
I'm hoping the bday card arrived on time..I tried to get to the post office on time but when its only open 4 hours a day I sometimes run late!!
I'm hoping your birthday was fabulous!!!
Kevin loves the big hair bands too (although he may not admit it) he sings along with them LOUDLY!!!haha
By the way your blog doesn't give me any issues...you can't get rid of me that easily!!
Post a Comment