Saturday, May 19, 2007

Time changes....

Okay, raise your hand if you've made yourself mac 'n cheese at 4:30 in the morning...anyone?? anyone?? LOL!! Guess I'm alone here...well, it's what I do when I can't sleep and I've spent a few hours puttering around on my computer, getting it all set back up from being on vacation with me, and the munchies hit big time! Yep, macaroni and cheese..total comfort food, totally yummy at even 4:30 a.m!!

Roger and I arrived home yesterday late afternoon after our fabulous trip to Asia! It feels good to be home (well, it feels good to see Mandi again) but I have to sheepishly admit, I'm feeling kinda blue that our time is through...vacations take so long to come and go so fast don't they?! Anywho, we had a really nice time, and I enjoyed seeing all the things I got to see. The safari in Phuket was so fun, love those elephants, and in Malaysia, we went to the botanical gardens and got to feed the monkeys...wait until you see those cuties!! I have to say, I think monkeys are now my new favorite animal (hee hee)...and China...what can I say about China..SO FREAKIN MUCH!! I have pics that once I get them set up, I'll post but it was quite the experience in Shanghai...I did have a chance to get to see something very fabulous though...

isn't he/she (really not sure) adorable?? Yep, I got a chance to see the Giant Pandas! These bears are marvelous, not all together social though and so the picture isn't really as close as it looks (the magic of software), and that, coupled with my lack of photo skills makes for not the greatest shot but good enough to scrap! I was lucky to be able to see these beauties and while they didn't come over close to us, they did come out of their hiding spot (in the shade) long enough for me to snap a few shots. I've always loved Pandas, in fact, my first stuffed animal was a panda bear that my dad bought me on a trip to Europe when I was just a little one...it still sits in the middle of my bed too, all these years later! This alone was worth a trip to China for me (smiles). I was also able to see a beautiful temple with these amazing buddha statues that were carved out of a single piece of jade...so amazing (did get a couple pics in there too..), and just seeing daily life of the people was interesting, so totally different than anything we are used to I have to say, and until you actually see it, it's hard to believe!

So, that's what I did today during the wee hours of the morning...set up my computer, plow ed through some emails, surfed my blogs and made myself some macaroni and cheese! Lets just hope that tonight I can go to sleep and stay asleep....I think I'm out of mac 'n cheese, yikes!

Oh yeah....enjoy the new tune..gotta love Grey's, gotta love the song..still need to catch up on my tivo'd episodes, so bummed the season is through....sigh!

Until next time,

Blessings!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Glad your home safe. Can't wait to see all your picture!

Rachel said...

So glad you're home...sounds like a great trip but there is always so much to do when you get home...hope you get back to a normal routine quickly!!

Missed you...
Rachel

Lynette van Barrelo said...

Nope. Can't say I've ever made mac and cheese in the wee hours! Glad you had a good trip and thanks for the sneak preview of whats to come to Greys here in Oz! George and Izzy? Wow... he's just soooo ...you know... not sexy...

I'm going to watch it again.