Saturday, July 12, 2008

Oswald......

I do scrap, amazing as that may be and while it's not as often as I would like...and I'm not sure why that is, being that really, I have my days to do it, but I don't. I find other things that need to be done, like clean the house, finish laundry, run errands..watch Judge Judy LOL, but I digress...

So last night I went to a crop...got NOTHING done! however, I did find some cute papers for another layout to add to my Ozzi album, and, while I was at that retreat a couple weekends ago and got only 3 layouts accomplished (cough cough...oh well), I managed to get another Ozzi layout done. So today, after purging some much "not used" crap outta my room (feels GREAT), I did a quick layout with said new papers from last night.

Why is it that as scrapbookers we are constantly comparing what we do to others? Why is it that sometimes I see others creations and I feel like I just plain suck at this? Or, I see others in the process of creating layouts and I am amazed at their ability to just "scrap" and do it so damn great! I dunno...I know I enjoy doing this and I should just be happy with that! I'm trying to be all zen about it, but, it's hard! I'm giving up. I'm giving in. I scrap the way I do...it's not fancy, it's not "magazine" quality, I don't have a cool style that sets me apart from other scrappers and you know what...that's ok with me! I think I over think this way too much...I know I over think my layouts way too much and it takes the joy outta this for me. Literally the first layout I'm sharing took me 20 mins. to do...why does it scare me that it took such a little amount of time and I equate that to being bad??? Sheesh.....get over it Cricket...get over it! Okay, enough...

so, here are the two new Oswald layouts for his album. The first one, is using the new Prima papers I got last night...also bought the matching epoxy stickers and some cute red polka dot MM puffy alpha stickers to add the "Slurp" to it!! The second one, well, Roger thought it cute to put his Harley Davidson skull cap on Ozzi and snap some shots! While the picture isn't the "crispest" pic, it was too cute to not scrap. I found some Harley stuff and created this one!





see, nothing special by means of quality or design but the memories are now put down and will be in his album for me to remember each time I look through it! In the end, isn't that what it is all about anyhow?

Until next time,
Blessings!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ozzie is sooo cutteee!!!! He looks like my Capone! He's the same, only different!

Love the layouts!

Tracy Lathrop said...

It was AWESOME getting to hang with you Friday night!!! I am sad that I missed getting to say "goodbye"!! What a night though!! I did not get a single thing done, yup, nada, nothing!! Lol!! But, I think I need to do it more often on a regular basis and then maybe I can get back in the swing!! Lol!! It is a good theory don't cha think?! Lol!!

chris jenkins said...

i think when we start comparing ourselves to others that it totally sucks the fun out of the scrapbooking. i quit for a long long time because of that very reason. there is no right way or wrong way to scrap. you should just love to enjoy doing it and that is all that matters.

love the digi you did in the previous post - jessica is pretty awesome with her classes. keep up the good work :)

and i am totally trying to work out coming back to chicago in the fall so i will let you know :)

Anonymous said...

You know that is the revelation I had about a year ago..I stopped scrapping to impress anyone else but my family...I don't care if I"m not published and I don't care if a million people don't visit my blog to see my latest creations..I'm just happy I got them done and scrapped and that my family appreciates them!!

By the way though your layouts do ROCK!!!

cinnibonbon said...

LOL..I got over it...a long time ago..It's so freeing to be able to scrap willy nilly so to speak...go for it...these layout are looking fly!!! Better yet try scrapping "blind" like the kiddo has challenged me to before.

Have a good one girl