Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend fun!

what a spectcular weekend we are having here in Chicago...sunny, warm, low humidity, blue skies...perfect!! In fact, we have been having wonderful weather here for awhile..I don't mind so much the hot and humid...me thinks I need to move to Arizona (while it's a dry heat I know...it's nice and HOT)...I just can't take another winter in Chicago...(secret be told...I've been actively looking into homes in the Phoenix area!!)...but, until a move happens....here I am, and while I love going into the city and would miss that, I think I'm ready to give it up for a year round NO SNOW situation!!

So, this past week Mandi had her girlfriend, her bestest buddy, come for a visit....bad scrapper that I can be...I didn't get but one pic and it seriously needs some work so I won't be sharing it here...however, the same day I took said picture, I also got a cute pic of my bff Mary! She came out to pick up some pens and ink I had scored for her at the Renaissance Faire (she saw mine from a previous visit and hadda have some of her own!...since I have been living at the faire this summer...I picked her up some and got myself some more ink...glass pens from Italy..so totally cool!)...anyways, she stopped over to pick up her schtuff and I wanted to get another pic of us together (we have this same pose taken in every pic...it's gonna be a riot of a scrap page one day if I get to it!)...Mary is such a cool person....totally free and loving living life! I seriously love her dreads too...while you can't see how totally long they are in this pic (I might have one where ya can)...they are just COOL! Mandi took this shot of us...not bad huh? LOL



Yesterday, spent the day hanging at my pool with my friend Cathy. I was originally supposed to go scrapping for the day at Archiver's but Cathy and Carla reminded me that it was gonna be fabulous out so we decided to can the scrapping idea and enjoy our nice summer weather! Carla wasn't able to join us..maybe next time Carla!...so Cathy and I just hung out. It was a lot of fun..we noshed on veggies, chips and salsa, cheese and crackers and downed a couple cold Corona's! Got a fair amount of sun and lounged in the water...made for a really nice Saturday! Thanks for hanging out with me Cathy, I had a great time!



So, today I'm hanging inside...well, at least until my new lounge chair gets some shade going on it LOL! I'm jamming out to Robbie and about to work on some scrap stuff....hope you all are enjoying your weekend as much as I am...oooooh....sexed up just came on! Gotta run....

Until next time,
Blessings!

6 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

Ahhh how fabulous. Sounds like your summer is going well. I love the pictures. You're so full of life and that is all that matters!! Mandi took a great picture. I know what you mean about feeling a change coming on, I know I for one hate winter, it is such a depressing time of year for me. I need the sun....come on fry!!! Bring on the fry!!

La- said...

Love your pics of you and your friends and I love that you are having such a fun summer weekend!

La-

Cindy aka HappyStamper aka Sealion said...

Okay, I must know where to look for the Italian glass pens!

Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Love the pictures....Glad you are having a great time this summer.

Carla said...

OOOO it was a GREAT weekend that is for sure, saturday and sunday I was out and in my moms pool both days....but next time we will definatley have to come hang by you, or you come hang by us....
Thats a great picture of you and you BFF and thats a good picture of you and Cathy too!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind going to Phoenix either...too bad Kevin's job is here in WI!! I hate winter...

Summer days by the pool are the best!!!