My poor baby, my beloved MacBook is sick and I am soooo sad..LOL! Seriously, it totally conked out on me Saturday afternoon..blue screen of death...nothing happening! I have an appointment with Apple on Tuesday to have it looked at, lets just hope that they can fix it without totally wiping out my harddrive...that would really stink! I will lose my iTunes and all my documents and downloads because dumb me hasn't backed them up recently!! ARGH!!! Fortunately, and how serendipitous is it that on a whim, Friday night, I decided to move all my pictures off my Mac and onto an external...whew...still have those but there are a lot of documents of mine that I will be very sad to lose if that comes to pass...note to self...keep everything on an external and even back up to an offsite place for extra measure!!
It's funny how lost I am without my puter! Fortunately I have a pc laptop for backup, it was what I was using before Roger gave me my Mac, but when I got the Mac I totally took this puppy down to bare bones...nothing, and I mean nothing is installed on it..which, makes it run like a dream, but I realized, how could I print off a document? How can I scrapbook without being able to print off pictures? What about scanning important things to keep? So, yep, totally felt paralyzed and so this morning I spent the better half of it installing tons of printer drivers and software! Lets just say, once again, I realize just how beautiful a thing Mac's are! At least, I can print and play on this one for the time being...I have to admit, though, that my Toshiba laptop has a really nice, large screen to it....something I didn't realize I missed on my little MacBook...and the keyboard is nicer to use...I can really feel the keys while on the Mac, they are a little less punchy and sensitive...sometimes I'll type and it doesn't feel me hitting a key..kinda frustrating...don't worry though, still loving Apple and all it's glory...just noticing a few differences in how "I" feel is all...
Changing lanes now, I thought that I'd share with you a favorite recipe of mine. One of my "addictions" is recipes! I love to collect them. When I'm visiting websites, or blogs and someone shares something yummy, I totally save it! (another reason I'm stressing, I have tons of recipes on my Mac that I'll lose...DANG!)...so, I started to think, why not share some of my favorites here?! This first one is for a tried and true dish that I make a ton! Taco Soup...Vegetarian Taco Soup! It is so easy to make and tastes sooo yummy! I made it yesterday in fact for dinner last night, and it makes enough to freeze a big container for another meal..bonus! I serve it with tortilla chips, but you can certainly make some yummy cornbread to go with it. Adding water to your own specifications makes it more "soupy" or more "chili" (I prefer kinda in between soupy and thick like chili myself! It's not my original recipe, I got it years back while an active member of 2peas, Cammipea was the poster and to her go my forever thanks for this!!
Vegetarian Taco Soup (she called it Vegetable Taco Soup)...
2 cans Ranch Style Beans (I've never found these so I used pintos, kidneys, whatever I have in the pantry or feel like using)
1 can Black Beans
1 can Refried Beans (I use fat free)
1 can Whole Kernel Corn
1 can Cream Style Corn
2 cans Rotel tomatoes with chilis (I only use one cause Mandi hates tomatoes..LOL!)
1 small onion, chopped (I omit this..onions and me don't get along real well!)
1 packet Taco Seasoning
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (do not use fat free on this!!)
1-2 cups water again, this is up to you and the consistency you like.
Mix all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook all day on low 6-8 hours..I cook it on high for a couple hours, then turn it down and cook for a couple more...
Serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips! Yum!!
**update** I typed this up yesterday, Monday and then forgot to post it! What a dork..LOL! So, since this recipe is going up on Tuesday, and maybe I'll try to keep up with at least sharing a recipe or so on Tuesdays, I'll call my Tuesday posts (from now on, that is..), Tasty Tuesday! Think it works? :)
Until next time,
Blessings!
“It is more blessed to give than to receive."
Acts 20:35
2 comments:
Big Bummer!!! Hope it gets fix fast.....
Ok I've never been around a MAc so I can't say any good or bad about them. But I do know that MAc users are devotional!!! hehe and that's a good thing.
MMM..Ok thanks for posting the recipe. I'm in deperate need of a dietry alteration --that I'm going to give this a try real soon. I promise. But without the corn!!! hehe. I happen to like corn ALL alone!!! It sounds pretty tasty..
Here's hoping your puter is fixed very soon and that your files are fully recoverable!
The recipe sounds super yummy! I've printed it out and hope to make it one night next week!
Hope you are having a good week!
Post a Comment