so, yesterday I finished off the Mexico trip pics, today I actually have a crafty picture to share! It's been awhile since my muse, my mojo or any sort of inspiration has come to me. I have seriously wanted to play and create, but I would just go into my room and stand there, look around at all the cool stuff I'm blessed to have and then I'd go..."eh...not right now"...and then walk back out..finding more fun in sitting my butt on the couch and watching some movie I've seen a million times..yeah, I spend my time wisely don't I? Then, last Friday, I received a slap on the face from my muse and suddenly, inspiration to make something hit me! I pulled out some new papers, some fun glittery goodness and went to work making a card for my bff! I'm telling you, inks were being used, paper was being distressed, glitter was flying around and viola...I did it, I actually created! I lifted the idea for this card off of Melissa Phillips blog, LilyBean's Paperie (totally visit if you are in the mood to see fabulous eye candy!)and am pretty pleased with my finished product!

Products used: Stampin' Up! cardstock, 7Gypsies patterned papers, Distress Inks, Staz-On ink, BG chipboard, flourish chipboard is unknown, Art Glitter, Prima Flower, custom dyed trim from this amazing Etsy seller, button and twine came wrapped around my trim, how cool is that?, stick pin from my local antique store, and Amuse stamp.
Slowly my creative mojo seems to be returning. Yesterday and today my creative efforts have been and will be in the kitchen, baking something yummy, of which I'll share with you in yet another post!
Until next time,
Blessings!
Proverbs 16:3
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
7 comments:
Just had to comment..I LOVE TOBYMAC and his music...when he was here at the xcel energy center he rocked that place so loud ceiling tiles came down!!
Also love the card you created...you go girl!!!
I love my card!!!
I want some of whatever you are making too!!
Love you!!
Love it! I love the colors and the style... I want to know how you did the sparkly part!
Glad to see your muse got you going!
La-
I live close by...
and i love to eat!
Your card is beautiful! I love how you re-used stuff from your etsy purchase.
Ohhh sister I'm with you on your thoughts about winter!! I too am soooo over it.
Yesterday on the way to work, I heard the birds singing and thought of you!! (a had read you post already)
I feel the same--winter robs me of my spirit and the grey is just too much for my little brain to handle--come on SPRING!!!!
BUT--with that being said--the change in temperature has thrown my sinuses into a tiszy!!! I'm suffering big time---yet I'm welcoming the heat and the sunshine just the same!!!
I love that site--I'm so glad you found your mojo and made that fabulous card!! Keep it going!!!!
Cricket you did a great job on that card, so cute1
Hey come to blog...Forever one, Didn't boot everyone out!!
Post a Comment