Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Blizzard of 2011!

Oh yeah, it hit and hit hard! We have been hearing for days how this storm was coming and boy, they were not kidding! It started on Monday night with a couple inches of snow, nothing terrible, then Tuesday morning the flurries began again. The news had warned us that we would start to see a pretty heavy fall of snow just around 3 p.m. and that the winds would pick up and sometime later in the evening, would turn fierce! They were not kidding! Todd decided to leave work around 5:30 ish or so and was going to attempt to drive over and ride the storm out with Mandi and me, but he got onto the expressway and it was totally a whiteout! He called to say he wasn't going to make it over and I told him I rather he go home and be safe then to try and come over. Of course I was soooo sad but I would have been even sadder had he tried and something happened to him. Let me say that I was still awake this morning at 3 due to the strong winds!! I was actually afraid that my windows were going to shatter and then what!! LOL! I just kept reminding myself that He would take care of me and not to be afraid. He did and all was well. When I woke up this morning, this is what I saw:

Front door and Front Step:

Looking across street from front door:

Side view off front porch:

Backyard...snow to top of fence!

My Pool is under there somewhere?

Backyard:


After trying to calm myself down (I hate snow, hate it, hate it hate it!!) and a couple cups of coffee, I ventured out and shoveled off that mess from my front step and walk. I thought I was going to die!! LOL! However, when I set my mind to something I do it and do it I did!! My plow service showed up a little while ago and the driveway is now clear...course I have mountains of snow on the sides (it amazes me that he was even able to push snow somewhere!)...and I am no longer feeling like I am confined to my home.

Todd called and was able to break out of his place as well and is on his way over. Got a pot roast cooking in the slow cooker for Mandi and him and it seems like this won't be the most awful day of the year for me! I will admit, that with the skies blue and the sun shining, the appearance of all this wintery white stuff is a pretty site...but, I'd much rather be looking at it from someone else's blog or photo and not out my front door. I think it's going to be a long time before I see my grass again!

Until next time,
Blizzardy blessings!

4 comments:

Tina J. said...

Darnit! Everyone got hammered but us! (and we would have loved it!)

cinnibonbon said...

You need to move south!!! LOL

You know this whole time I thought you lived in some high rise condo!!!! I don't know why--I just always got that vibe.

Kristie W. said...

Holy moly, that is a lot of snow!! We've had snow about once a week since Christmas, I'm not sure we'll see the ground again before April lol

Rachel said...

You guys got hit so hard...I can honestly say I'm glad that storm went south of us this time but sorry it had to land on you!!!!