Tuesday, February 08, 2011

slacker...

well, I had planned on posting a kitchen adventure each week on Fridays, yep had all good intentions but never got around to it...slacker...I know! LOL! Instead I'll share it with you today...and then maybe this Friday I'll have something new to share from the kitchen. I do know that I am going to be doing some serious baking this weekend so I'm sure there will be something to blog about!

Last week, during one of our lovely snowed in days due to the Blizzard of 2011, I decided to make myself something that I normally eat (scrambled egg whites) but with a twist! I was in the mood for something Tex Mex, or Southwestern or whatever you want to call it and I threw this little concoction together, my black bean and egg white tortilla! I'm sure this isn't something new or inventive but it was for me..LOL!

I started by scrambling up some egg whites. While they were scrambling, I heated up about 1/4 cup of organic black beans in my microwave, heated up a high fiber, low carb, whole grain tortilla in my wonderful panini grill (oh how I love my panini grill), got my jar of salsa out of the fridge as well as some reduced fat shredded cheese. After everything was done I layered onto my tortilla the black beans, scrambled egg whites, a dollop of salsa (chunky kind) and a pinch of the reduced fat shredded cheese! Added a small side salad of romaine lettuce and cut tomatoes with a smidge of light ranch dressing and lunch was had!! It tasted soooo good! I would actually have this for breakfast too, and most likely will someday as I like to think outside of the traditional breakfast foods box every once and while!

Sorry for the crummy picture...sometimes food pics look, well, just downright gross but believe me when I say, it tasted really good!



I love that it's a low-fat, protein packed, high fiber meal...can't beat that for good health! Now if I can just get my lazy butt back to working out on a regular basis I'd be totally happy! My poor elliptical sits lonely in my basement just waiting for me to put him to good use...I'm actually considering bringing him upstairs to what would be a dining room if I had a dining room set and making that a workout room, that would be terrific for me and so much "prettier" a landscape to look at when working out! Okay, that's my goal for today, see how I can make that happen!

Alright, need to get moving, have some more cards I need to finish, some food I need to make for a party tomorrow, and my cup of tea is getting cold...

until next time,
blessings!

3 comments:

La- @The Curvy Life said...

Looks Yummy! Sounds good too!! love ya girlie!

La-

cinnibonbon said...

Girl your healthier than anyone else I know!

Fellow said...

This sounds so good. I would love to make these at home.These look so good. And the presentation is so cute!