I got knocked down the first of this year with a nasty sinus infection and upper respiratory infection. I don't often just run to the doctor's office, not because I don't believe in the medical profession, but the hassle of it all just really annoys me! LOL! However, after a week of trying to heal myself, I knew that it was time to seek some professional help. I'm happy to say, I am now almost healed up and feeling sooo much better!
I'm dedicated to keeping myself healthy and have slacked off a bit. I think with the slacking, the holiday craziness, burning the candle at both ends, it finally caught me. I haven't been that sick in some time. I decided that I was not going to revisit that kind of illness anytime soon, so it's back to my healthy ways. However, that said, I have made some adjustments to my behaviors, all healthy I assure you, but some are different. It ties into a lot of soul searching and self-evaluating I've been doing the past few months. I'll share more of that in a separate post soon! But, needless to say, it's definitely something that I've been needing to address and I am feeling much better in the process.
This morning I was spending some time on Pinterest (oh how I love Pinterest) and I saw a pin for a banana oatmeal smoothie! It totally interested me, so much so that I looked at my Health and Wellness board and low and behold I had pinned it already! LOL! So, I went to the site and looked at the recipe. It looked really delish, but a little more than I wanted, both in the calorie arena and the quantity. Since smoothies don't often "keep" well, I decided to google some oatmeal smoothie recipes and found a fabulous site: Kath Eats. This gal has tons of great recipes on healthy eating and she also has a serious love affair with oatmeal! I was lucky enough to find a yummy recipe she posted for a Raspberry Blast Smoothie with oatmeal included. Now, I have to admit, oatmeal was not something I enjoyed as a child or even a young adult. I often found it to be just a pasty, non-tasty glob of goo sitting in my bowl! The past year or so, I've developed a real like for oatmeal! In fact, I even crave it as such was the case this morning after seeing the banana smoothie pin. Fortunately I had everything (except Raspberries so I used Strawberries instead) in my fridge and pantry so I made one for myself! It was soooo yummy, and thanks to my Vitamix, it blended up perfectly! I liked how Kath ate her smoothie like soup in a bowl, how cool! I poured mine into a bowl, topped it off with a couple teaspoons of my favorite Kashi granola (Cocoa Beach), grabbed a cute little wooden spoon I think is fun and that was breakfast today! It was just enough to keep me feeling full and satisfied until lunch!
I've always been a fan of smoothies and am so happy to be adding an Oatmeal Smoothie into my repertoire! I'll share my recipe here for you in case you're interested, I tweaked Kath's just a little for what I had on hand!
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie:
1 C. Non-fat milk
1 C. Frozen strawberries (any berry would work)
1/2 Banana
1/3 C. non-fat vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
1/4 C. rolled oats
1 tsp. Flax seeds
blend!!
Let me know if you try it and what you think!
Until next time,
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment