Sunday, April 29, 2007

My latest stuff!

Sunday already?? Boy, the weekends sure do go by fast don't they? Thursday Roger and I headed out to Ikea to get a closet organization system, which I love and we so badly need but...anal retentive person that I am, I am about to come unglued with all the dang mess it is creating!! Here we are, leaving for Asia in 4 days and my entire upstairs looks like a tornado hit it!! I seriously am having trouble sleeping or even being calm with all this mess around me!! Roger started this lovely project Friday night...HELLO!!?? at 7:30 p.m. no less, this is also while he knows that he was going to be gone all day Saturday (in Miami for a wedding) and not coming home until Sunday!! So, I'm stuck living in this chaos for the weekend and I'm about at the end of my rope! He is currently working on finishing up and I'm praying so hard that he gets it done tonight so that I can spend all day tomorrow putting my life back together...I seriously will not be able to rest well until this is finished (I'm crazy I know but it's me!)...so, in order to try and take my obsessive mind off of this I have been scrapping...some digi, some paper! I was able to finish Jeannie's circle journal. I have to admit, I was a bit stressed about this one, just wasn't sure what I was going to do, even up to the point of starting on it but it all came together and I am really pleased with the results. Jeannies topic was "Favorite School Memories"....I chose to talk about meeting my very first "best friend" in Kindergarten. I used a digital element, a chalkboard, and used that for my journaling. I then printed it out on my R1800 and I have to say I am really happy with the quality of print. I used a matte presentation paper and it worked great! Then, I took all my grade school pics from Kindergarten through Fifth grade and made a collage, including my high school graduation picture that showed my still best friend all those years later! A few embellies and viola, it was done!


I hope Jeannie likes it! I also did some digi scrapping this weekend with one of my most favorite subjects, my sweet guy Ozzi!! He is always so easy to photograph and I'm always pleased with the results of my attempts with him. I seem to take dozens of photos and I really like the side pose (which I'm sure you all are sick of seeing, but not me!! LOL!!) Here is my little man:


I used Sande Krieger patterned paper from the French Laundry pack, the light brown paper is by Jessica Bolton from her Homelife kit, the word art was a freebie by Tina Chambers from her A Valentine For You freebie, Lemonaid Lucy's rusty staple and Rhonna Farrer's photo edge. I took the original and picked up a brown from the patterned paper and then changed the color and transparency of the photo edge so that it matched my colors better. I really love doing this digi stuff!!! So, there it is, yet another layout of my Oz!! Gosh I love this little guy!!

Tonight, of course is another Sopranos episode...let's hope they kick it up a notch 'cause I'm getting a bit bored and I hate that I'm bored by this show!! Wish me luck, say a prayer that my closet gets finished tonight and I will be put out of my misery tomorrow LOL! Until next time....

Blessings,

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Great layouts...I love your photos of Ozzi as well..my pics of my cats never turn out good!! Ozzi is a great subject!!

Good luck on the closet!!!

kathy said...

wowsers......love this stuff! can i come and play at your house???

still working on the digi stuff.....talked to the little girl across the street....signed up for tutoring!!

hey....guess what.....TAG...you're it!!

love ya,
kathy

Brook said...

I love to see all of your fresh ideas! Great job!

Unknown said...

great layouts! Love, love, Love it.

Benita said...

Wow, your layouts are so cool!

Wanna come do my closet when you're done? ;)

Have a great day!

Yellow Fence said...

I love your layouts. Thanks for sharing such cool designs!

Shannon

Jill said...

Yike! Is one *supposed* to be able to sleep mere days before going to Asia?!?! Great layouts & adorable dog!!!!!!

Melissa said...

yep I am the same way when it comes to obsession..lol, so sending good vibes your way that your closet gets done ASAP

awesome layouts!

Kath W said...

Awesome lo's and nope, not tired of seeing his adorable face. : )

I'm LOL at you guys redoing your closet right before you leave! Omgosh, you two are insane!!

Janette said...

Beautiful work. You doggie is so cute. What kind of dog is he???