Monday, March 10, 2008

Oh My Golly!!!

LOL, yep, that catchy little phrase of mine produced some giggles from the SIS's yesterday!

What a fabulous weekend it was! Friday night I scrapped, sharing in my last post the layout I did, and I'm still really liking those 6x12r's! Saturday I spent the morning cleaning the house and stuff...felt good to get everything all sparkly shiney and done! Then Saturday evening I picked up my "peep" Carol and we headed over to this awesome little boutique in town, Rustique. They were having their anniversary party and an open house, serving all kinds of munchies and wine! I love this store, they have the coolest home decor items, I swear, I could drop a bundle in there (and have! LOL)...we even tried a Frappavino! Yep, you read that right, Frappavino! It's a frozen wine drink and ohhhh, sooooo, yummy!! So after shopping, we then went next door to Rugan's, the martini bar (owed by the same people in fact) and we had a couple drinks and chatted for awhile...never mind that Carol said to me "I feel sorry for whoever sits next to that party", meaning the huge, loud and obnoxious 30th birthday party that was going on...guess what, it was US!!!!! yep, we sat next to them, but it was ok, we watched as the birthday boy consumed major amounts of alcohol ( and I totally don't feel sorry for him with what he was going to face eventually...can you say toilet!) LOL.

Sunday I had the extreme pleasure of spending a day with some of my SISter's from Scrap In Style tv, Nan, Martha and Sarah! We went to a local tea house and had a wonderful lunch along with some super yummy scones and pots of tea (I had my favorite, White Chocolate Mousse). After spending awhile chatting it up, we then went to a local scrap store and...Oh My Golly (there's that phrase again) , did I score big! Yep, got me an Amy Butler bag, her new release from CHA!! It is sooooo stinkin' purty, and totally called my name! Don't ya love it?? I so dig the browns and greens!



I have to admit, when I first saw these bags about a year ago, I wasn't too jazzed. I thought they were kinda big, too big for me, but let me say, after putting this one on my shoulder, it sold itself! It is so nice and soft, soooo stinkin' roomy and Martha was telling me her laptop fits into it perfectly! Cha Ching!! I am so taking it with me to CKU this weekend, plopping my old laptop and externals in it and away we go!

After our shopping spree, we decided to treat ourselves to some dessert and coffee. We tried the new little coffee shop/book store that just opened up in town but they had already closed for the day, at 3:00!! Who the heck closes at 3:00??? So, instead we went to the Italian restaurant across the street and had our treats....cannoli for me, lava cakes for Nan and Martha and Creme Brulee for Sarah! We sat there for almost two hours, having the best time! I am so glad to know these girls, thanks guys for a spectacular girls day out!

After dinner..(yes, the day is still going on), I came up to the sCRAP room and worked on a layout which I finished today! It's for a challenge I am doing and we had to do a layout based on our favorite song, band, etc...right now! My favorite band at the moment is My Chemical Romance...Oh My Golly (it's a total addiction now, I'll be saying that whenever I can!!), Gerard is just such a little cutie pie. I used the photo we took last March when we went to see them in concert, turning it to black and white. I used Bazzill, MM 5th Avenue (so love this line), chipboard letters for the title, and miscellaneous buttons. I really like how it turned out. The journaling reads: "How cool is it that "our" favorite band is My Chemical Romance! What a blast we had going to their concert, The Black Parade, in March 2007. The family that rocks together, stays together! Rock On!!
Of course, I had to change up the music on the blog and decided to post a video this time...this IS my favorite song by MCR, enjoy!

Here's to good weekends spent with good friends...life IS good!

Until next time,
Blessings!

10 comments:

Scrap Your Crap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

all you northern girls...I am soooo jealous!
Love that LO and you are so right, the family who rocks together, stays together!

Carla said...

Well girl sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! Its so nice to have weekends like that with friends.....
Love the ROCK ON lay out......super cute!

Rachel said...

Great layout and what a fab weekend you had!!

I didn't know you were going to CKU...hope you have fun!!!

Wendy said...

dude that bag is KILLER! wish i had an excuse to get one :) haha

Cathy said...

Sounds like a great time!! You need to say hi to Carol for me!!! I miss her. Were you in Antioch with her? I don't know the shops you are talking about.

Great LO!

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

I am late to BLOG!

Yes we had A BLAST didn't We?

Oh and I LOVEEEE the layout
And we are SO stylin in our bags you know? *hee*

I must go study babe! byes for nows! How was CKU?!

Laura S. said...

Love that LO & the bag is too cute!!

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

I LOVE Chemical Romance too!!! Your LO is awesome btw!! Just stopped by to say hey and miss ya!! Carol too!! Such an awesome weekend you had - I am envious!! I saw on Martha's blog what she had going on this weekend and figured maybe she was hanging with you!! I soooo want to meet her sometime - LOVE her work and her Pug babies!! So when are weeeeee gonna get together and scrap, chat, eat, drink, shop??? Tracy and I would love to see you, Carol and whoever else wants to join in!!!

Ramie :-) said...

WOW girl...you've had a busy couple weekends huh? Sounds like it was an awesome one. Love the layout!