Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Photoshop!

Signed up for the Jessica Sprague online class, "Up and Running With Photoshop" in the hopes that I can finally master Photoshop Elements and use it for my digital scrapbooking! I love doing it digi style and had been using Microsoft's Digital Image Suite for my program but since Roger got me my Mac, I've been without a program to use! I ordered Photoshop Elements 6.0 for my Mac but it isn't being released until sometime this month...okay, I can wait, but then this class was being offered and I was like..heck, I wanna take it! I had heard such good things about her classes. I decided that I'd sign up for it, being that all your classes are archived for you, FOREVER! I said to myself, well, I'll sign up and then when I get the software, I'll just go into the archives and watch the classes and do the assignments. The only downside is that I would not be able to be active on the gallery or the message boards for the class. So, yesterday I was sitting, thinking (I know, scary huh? LOL) and I thought to myself, how freakin' different can it be from my pc version to the Mac version? I mean, yeah, some of the commands are going to be different but the basics to using the program should ultimately be the same...I had PSE 4.0 on my pc and so I decided to go ahead and start learning! After all, once I receive my version for the Mac, if I'm having any troubles, I can always access the archives and re-learn if necessary...and...if the first class is any indication, really, the only difference is the command to save...so, with that being said, I did the first lesson, and you know what? This old girl was able to retain the info! I completed the first layout and am pretty jacked about this! I had dabbled in PSE a bit before but got frustrated and gave up! Jessica's instruction is so awesome and it made total sense to me! I, even now, think back and can remember exactly what I needed to do in order to create this layout....
I used a photo taken by Chris Jenkins but just cropped it down to the small size required for this layout. I did one thing different though, I left justified my journaling. She had us right justify it but I just like it better my way..go figure! Yay for me, maybe I can still learn a thing or two huh? LOL

I really enjoyed my Microsoft program, it was very friendly to use, but I am trying to wean myself away from the beloved pc and use only my Mac. It's been a slow process and I'm still learning to use it but I do like it...I think once I get my PSE for it, I'll be super happy! I've missed my digi scrapping....

Until next time,
Blessings!

1 comment:

Ramie :-) said...

VERY NICE!!!! And yay for retaining info! Always a good thing! I'm such a dork...can't believe I missed the class....oh well....will watch from afar and take it the next go round! You're doing some awesome stuff!