Monday, March 17, 2008

CKU Chicago 2008!!

Wow! What a total blast of a weekend I had! I had the wonderful opportunity to assist Debby Schuh in her album track, A Traveler's Treasury, at CKU Chicago 2008. Debby works for Anna Griffin, and I really love Anna Griffin papers and I am especially fond of Debby's style. Using tons of Anna Griffin products and an American Crafts 12x12 album, Debby designed a fabulous album that I had the pleasure of helping her teach to two wonderful groups of women who attended CKU this past weekend.

I had originally planned on attending this CKU but eventually decided that it wouldn't be in the cards for me this time around. I am so thrilled that I was able to "attend" as a TA for Debby, getting to see the fabulous new format for CKU, meeting up with some friends I have made through the various local CKU's I've attended, and while I wasn't able to create the album from Debby's track, I did learn so very much just from listening to her teach and helping others!

Let me tell you, it was hard work, but it was great! I really like the new format that CKU is doing and I know that I will be attending another one in the future!

Here are a couple of pics from the track, one of Debby and myself (ugh, do I look worn out or what? LOL), and a couple of the different class groups (one from Friday, one from Saturday).

Now I'm totally inspired to be scrapbooking but after a weekend away, leaving Roger and Mandi in charge of the house, well, lets just say that I have my work cut out for me here! LOL!! I have a ton of errands to run this week, cleaning in the house to do and general stuff that needs my attention but never fear, this weekend I plan on locking myself in my room and getting down to the business of scrapbooking!

Until next time,
Blessings!

6 comments:

Tracy Lathrop said...

How awesome is that!! You got to go anyways even if it was in the form of working it!! Looks like it was tons of fun even though it was tiring. I am looking forward to getting together with you and Carol to scrapbook!! It has been way too long! :( Miss you guys!!

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you were going. Sounds like a fabulous time!

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

you look like you guys had SUCH a fun time! So fun you got to meet those ladies! I love anna too.

Btw - thankies for the congrats! And nope - My skirt is still in it's package... I can't work on it until the test is done - but dang! when this test is done - I am tearing into it!

HUGS!
PS - we all need to do another Hannah's trip soon - dunno when - but soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time..it sounded like fun and we'll have to try and attend another CKU when it comes around again!!!

Cathy said...

That looks like it was fun!! Glad you got to go!!!

We must get together soon!!

Carla said...

Hey...glad that you had a great time! Looks like alot of fun......UMMM as Cathy says we have to get together soon......before summer gets here...(Although at this rate that may never happen) LOL