I spent most of today playing a couch potato. Watched a few hours of the QVC Paper Crafting Fair, saw Tim demo his inks and Grungeboard, that was cool..love that stuff! I was good though, didn't order a stinkin' thing!! Nope, spent my fair share while out in Arizona and I've got a big Stampin' Up! list just begging to be ordered!!
Lets see, Sunday I played around doing a digi challenge for the Freak. I had fun doing this one. We had to use a template for this layout, but could use any papers, pictures or theme we chose, just had to use the template. I had not used a template before so this was a good challenge in that I learned how to do "clipping masks" and such. While PSE 6.0 doesn't have "clipping masks" per se, I was able to work around it and get the same effect by doing a "Group with previous" layer function...
The picture I used was another one I took while we were down in the city at Navy Pier. Mandi and I were sitting chatting (Roger was on the phone doing work of some sort...as always LOL), waiting for our dinner and I was just playing around, taking random shots. I changed this picture to black and white because, as usual, my photo skills are not the greatest and the colors in the original were a bit off...I tweaked the black and white using an action and was pretty pleased with the final outcome. The papers I used were from a kit by RetroDiva, the Film Star collection.

the journaling is a quote by Helen Keller and says: "Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face. " I thought it fit this picture perfect and is something I am trying to teach Mandi!
Okay, so I also found out by doing this challenge that my digi stash is a complete and total disaster of a mess!! I have everything on an external and also burned to disc but, nothing is organized for easy use! I had to search for what felt like hours to find papers etc..for this layout...that's because I just download all this cool stuff and that's it!! So, I spent the better part of yesterday starting to organize my stash. This is going to be a very long and ongoing project for me....but, once it is done I will be able to just click on a folder and see all the papers I have etc.. Maybe, just maybe I can have this done before the holidays hit...keeping fingers crossed!
Today, other than watching hours of scrappy goodness, I did manage to create another card! Can't take a picture of it now, no good light, so that will have to wait until tomorrow!!
Alright, that's about all for me today, so,
Until next time,
Blessings!
5 comments:
LOVE that layout! So glad you figured out the steps for the templates. They are one of my favorite parts of digi-scrappin!
beautiful layout! Good luck on the organizing; I need to organize and purge a lot of my digital!
Cool layout & I love the quote!
I won't say 'have fun' organizing cuz I know what a pita it is. I started more this morning & closed it up...it's overwhelming!
Love that picture of Mandi..what a beauty!!!
I wish that I could have watched QVC. Lucky you!!
See you tomorrow GF!!
Post a Comment