Monday, February 09, 2009

Cards and Cupcakes!

That is how I spent my Saturday this past weekend! Making cards and indulging in some cupcakes with my friend Cathy! It was fun!! I had been wanting to make some Red Velvet cupcakes forever!! Friday, a thread on cupcakes started on the Freak and that was all it took to push me over the edge. I went to the store and got everything I needed. Saturday I had plans with Cathy to play with our stamps and ink and so I thought it would be the perfect treat for us!!

I have to say, I was really pleased with the results...who doesn't love cream cheese frosting made with a pound of cream cheese and half a pound of butter? Add to that sugar and vanilla and we were in cupcake heaven!! LOL

It's so nice to have the table in my scrap room now, and the ability to have someone over to "play" with!! LOL

Here are some of the cards I made...love the cow stamp (Stamps by Judith) so much that I placed my own order for one yesterday!! (that one was Cathy's) used some Graphic 45 papers with it too!...of course, since our treat was cupcakes, I thought it fitting to make a cupcake card! I've used this stamp a couple times before, I really like it!! Used up some Melissa Francis scraps (love her papers) for this one as well as my Cuttlebug Swirl folder.. Sorry about the shadows in the pic...still haven't figured out where a good place in my house is for taking pics!
And this little bird..well, he was just too cute to pass up last weekend when I was shopping, so I broke him out along with some watercolor pencils, scraps of Fancy Pants papers and made this little card!!



Yesterday I spent the afternoon actually scrapping! Got two layouts finished, the first ones this year! I've been in a card making frenzy, and while I love that, it felt good to do some scrappin'! I'll share them another post though...

Not much else new...got a busy week ahead...lunch with my friend Mary tomorrow..dinner with Cathy on Wednesday, and Friday is a no school day for Miss Mandi (she actually has a 4 day weekend coming...woo hoo!!) so that means we get to sleep in a little later on Friday morning, plus I have a class I'm taking at Archiver's Friday...gotta love good days filled with stuff like that!! That will complete my week...and, the weekend looks to be shaping up good too....I see Coraline in our future!!

Until next time,
Blessings!

5 comments:

Carla said...

I want that FRIGGIN cute cow.....you rocked the cards girl....

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

LOVE THE CARDS! LOVE EM!
btw - I gave ya an award on my blog! :)

Cathy said...

I love coming over to your home!! I'll come everytime you bake me something good to eat!! : )

Kristie W. said...

CUTE cards!!! I looooove the cupcake one best, yummy!

Rachel said...

Love the cards...you do such a good job!!! Thanks for the blog award..I'll work on that next week when we get back into town..have a good weekend!!!