however, I should add a pic of my puter since the creative process took a different turn from when I shot this photo! I decided that the basic idea of my layout would remain the same, but I wanted to incorporate some digital elements into it! I love the simplicity of what I came up with, and, truth be told, while I love all the inking, painting and lumpy embellishment of layouts, I really am much more at ease with my creativity and much more in like of my work when I tend to stick to clean and simple! I feel, that in this layout, at least, the story is being told instead of a display of all kinds of "stuff"!!
I used my favorite Ali Edwards digital elements which I scored at Designer Digitals, for this layout. In Photoshop Elements 6.0 I created a photo collage with 3 recent pics (yesterday in fact) of Miss Mandi. I added a border to the bottom edge of the photos to which I added one of Ali's word art elements. For the journal block I used another Ali element and printed it directly onto my cardstock (LOVE that I can do that!!). To assemble the layout I simply cut a small strip of American Crafts patterened paper, punched a decorative edge to it with my new EK Success border punch, cut another small strip of the same paper (it's double sided...love that too!) and used it to layer on top. Of course no layout is complete for me with the addition of buttons! 3 little black buttons and viola...layout finished!

I love when I can spend a day like this! Now, it's off to finish up some cards for a swap I'm involved in...then, tonight, the girl and I have a movie to watch together..another way we "Celebrate Everyday"!!
Until next time,
Blessings!
6 comments:
I worked on scrappy projects today too....great minds thinking alike!!!
I love love love that picture of your DD... she is looking very grown in them!! NICE page!
La-
I LOVE this Cricket! So simple, but so sophisticated too! LOVE IT!
I love the LO that you did!! Mandi looks so natural and that is so fun!
I miss spending time with you!! : (
Love that holder for your copic markers! So Jealous!
Wow, what awesome pics of Miss Mandi! She is looking so grown up. I love the clean and simple design of your layout. Great work!
Post a Comment