I told her, like I'll tell you, those few of you who visit my blog and who I greatly appreciate for it, yes, I am still here, it's just been a busy couple weeks! Mandi finished off her first year of high school, Roger was in town and I've just been busy getting stuff accomplished around the house, as well as creating a bit too! What I haven't spent much time doing is taking pics of said creations or updating my blog!!
Today, that changes! Yes, I have a few things that I can share with you today! I have been able to spend a couple weekends now, scrapping with my friends! First, Amy and I met up at Archiver's and I was able to actually start, and finish a layout!! That is huge for me!! I used a few pics I had taken of Miss Mandi a few months back when we really did have some sunny and warm weather here in Illinois! While the picture quality and composition isn't much to write home about, I just like the pictures and thought they would make a cute layout! I used patterned papers from one of my many Studio Calico kits that I have piled up in the sCRAP room LOL, and a sweet little Maya Road tree and bird (thanks Amy for the cute papers for my little birdie). Of course I used my Bazzill Kraft Cardstock as the base (LOVE my kraft cardstock) and had to add some buttons..always there are buttons!!

Alright, moving right along...the following Saturday, I met up with Amy again, as well as Tracy, Kim and Nan at Hannah's for their Scrap Pink crop! It was fabulous...we spent the entire day 9 to 9 scrapping and hanging out. The bummer is that it would be our goodbye crop for Tracy who moved! Boo!! Yep, her hubs got a transfer and job promotion and they moved out to Long Island! It was so hard to have to say goodbye, I will really miss those fun and crazy scrappy nights we would have, but, Tracy has told us all that her house has plenty of room and Nan and I are already planning the girls weekend in New York!!
For this layout, done at the Hannah's crop, I used some cute Bo Bunny papers and embellies! While I traditionally don't use pastels, these papers just screamed out to me to buy and use! Again, another picture I took of Mandi. Don't mind the quality, again, but I like it! I am, however, taking major steps to improve my picture taking skills...very excited about it and I think it's finally clicking! (no pun intended LOL)..but, alas, this picture was taken before my jump into some serious camera learning! I painted these adorable mini chipboard letters by Maya Road and used some cute dimensional sticker letters to fill in the phrase! There is a funny side note to this "quote" that I used. I love hair bands...you all know that right? well, anyway, I listen to them each morning as I am doing my 5 miles (yes you read that right...5 miles 7 days a week!) and Queensryche is one of my very favorite groups to get me moving...Silent Lucidity is one of the BEST songs...and I had been singing a verse of it, when it dawned on me that it would make a great scrappy layout quote! Problem is, I have been singing it wrong!!! YIKES!! Their version of it goes something like: "if you persist in your efforts, you can acheive dream control"....dream control!!?? WHAT??!! so, I just tweaked it to how I had been singing it and added it to my layout! LOL!! So, maybe this is "my" quote now huh? :0)

So, yes, lots of inspiration floating around in my head these days, lots of new ideas I can't wait to give a try to! One of them is to do some more altered type of art. Yeah, do I call it art? Still unsure about that whole argument, but whatever, I'll say art for now and leave it at that! So, I've been downloading free vintage images like mad for awhile and decided it is about time to put them to good use! I played around last night with an image and some gorgeous Graphic 45 cardstock..gosh, it's the best, love it!!! Dug out a cute little crown embellie I had bought last fall while at Mystic Paper in Mesa, Arizona on a trip to visit my sister (can't wait for this fall and yet more trips to visit both Shari and Mystic Paper!!) but the crown was gold and I'm not much of a gold gal right now, so what is a girl to do? She digs out her Ranger Alcohol Inks...you know, the ones she had to have every stinking color of as they came out but never really used...yep, about 5 years or so later, they come in handy! I used the silver metallic fixative on the crown and viola! a silver crown for my Dream Princess! I really like her, and I think I can see a little more altering artwork in my future!! What's even cooler is that in my venture to a fab antique mall yesterday afternoon, I was able to score TWO vintage dictionaries (I had been searching for them for ages) and I used a page from one on the card. I also got a massive jar of vintage cream and white buttons..I mean MASSIVE! I can never say no to buttons, let alone a big 'ol honking jar of cream and white ones! I also got some cool glass buttons but I'm saving those for just the right project..can't wait to use them though! All in all, a bonus of a day spent at the antique mall!! Alright, here she is, isn't she cute!?

Okay now...that should get me in good now with the bloggy world. A nice long post, with pictures and everything! I should have more to share in the next coming weeks...a trip with Miss Mandi will prove to be a great source of pictures and scrappy pages and now that my altered bug has bit, who knows what ya'll will see popping up on this here blog of mine!
Shari, keep checking back and thanks for checking up on your sister...nice to know I'm missed!!
Until next time,
Blessings!
4 comments:
I was going to send my sister to check on you but now I don't have to!!
Great layotus and cute vintage card!! And what a score on buttons..I collect too many of them too!!!
LOVE them all!! Sounds like you've had some awesome inspiration lately! Can you share?!
OH BOY! Let me tell you... once you get the "altered art" bug... you are done for... LOL trust me! I love the "dream".... WTG!
La-
Well I stop checking for a couple of days 'cause I figure nothing new added, and when I finally do, there is several new posts.
Luv ya!
Post a Comment