Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Trying my hand at...

making apple chips! Yep, after my trip to the apple orchard over the weekend and my eagerness to make fresh apple you name it, I am realizing that I have a TON of apples!! LOL!! So, decided that I would also try my hand at making some apple chips. Today I headed out to the store to purchase a food dehydrator ( a useful gadget nonetheless for my kitchen) and a Mandoline (I've been wanting one for ages) so that I could take part of the afternoon and make some apple chips! Well, after a couple tries with slicing on the Mandoline, I got it down pat and things went lickety split! Four trays are now in the dehydrator and I am anxiously awaiting my little apple delights!!

Today was really the first day that I said "brrrr!" as I woke up to temps in the 40's!! But, it just meant that I got to finally pull out one of my new scarves I picked up in San Francisco to wear!! :D Took myself in search of the dehydrator, stopped off at the grocery store to pick up some things to make Black Bean Soup for dinner, picked up a good bottle of vino for the hubs and myself , popped into Border's and scored myself Mitch Albom's new book, "have a little faith" (been waiting anxiously for this one to be released) and then headed straight to Starbuck's to indulge in a soy pumpkin spice latte..yumm!!!

On the crafty front, I started a new journal today. Doing a Christmas one. I can't share the Halloween one yet as it is for a swap, but it's basically the same type of design, hand bound, using vintage style papers as well as real vintage papers and embellies! I love vintage postcards! My grandmother had a huge collection of them and gave them to me years ago. I've had them stashed away, just waiting for a purpose and it seems that every time I hit an antique store I head straight for the postcards! Last year I scored these two postcards and thought that I'd share the jpg's here for ya'll (or those interested). If you like to use vintage images in your paper crafting, I hope you'll find a cute use for these. I've not shared something like this before on the blog and am assuming all I have to do is post a pic here and you can right click and save as to your computer! If not and you have troubles, send me your email address in the comments and I'll email you a jpg copy!!








That's pretty much all I have for today..OH MY HECK! how could I forget?? My quilt is finished and settled in on the back of my loveseat in the family room..I love it!!! I still need to take a pic, that will be tomorrow's job! So happy with the results! I have one more that is almost completed, still need to do the corners and borders, then it will be off to the longarm for quilting! Just love working with fabric, it's sooooo yum! Alright, off to work on my journal, wait for the girl to get home from school and the hubs to arrive!

Until next time,
Blessings

5 comments:

La- said...

I love those... beautiful! How cool that you have them as part of your heritage to you! :)

I love making projects with vintage images, a little tea stain and tearing and you are off!

La-

Cathy said...

Those are great. You know I love vintage for my cards.

I also love apple chips so bring plenty on Friday!!

P.S. I have 2 food dehydrators!

Rachel said...

Yum...apple chips!! You amaze me with all the new things you're doing this year!!

I said BRRR today too...this is coming too fast for my liking!!

nan beyer said...

oh i love the vintage! I love vintage Halloween and Xmas and I can't wait to see the quilt and the final book! Also apple chips! YEA! Hope to talk to you soon! Hugs! Nan

Elena_Valeriote said...

Sounds like a very fun day! Mmmm Apple chips... I want one! :) How very cool of you to make them yourself. Cute postcards!

http://themarvelousmisselenaeous.blogspot.com/