Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Dusting her off...

So, it's basically been a year since I last blogged. A year
a whole freaking year!! So many things have happened since I last posted, however, I'll have to share those later as I have something else I wanted to talk about today. I decided a couple months ago that I missed my blog and my scrappy hobby. I missed the feeling I got when I was playing with paper and ink and pictures. I missed having something creative to focus my attentions on. I missed the friendships and socializing that I had in the scrapbooking world. I missed being in my scrappy place. All of this got me to thinking that my life really wasn't "healthy". As a Certified Holistic Health Coach I teach people that the food we put into our bodies isn't the only "food" that keeps us healthy. In fact, it's actually secondary to what I learned in school to call our "primary foods". These being our spiritual practice, exercise, relationships and hobbies. My primary foods were not so nutritional to my health. I've let my spiritual practice become an "on occasion" practice, I pretty much haven't hit up my elliptical machine with any regularity for almost a year now, my relationship with Todd is about the only thing I can say is healthy for me at this point, and as far as friendships and hobbies, well I just spoke on how I had let that go by the wayside for too long as well. It embarrasses me as a Health Coach that I haven't been walking my talk! I am not going to behave like this anymore. I am taking back control of my life and how I want to live it. I am going to recover myself in every area of my life this year! It all begins today! I posted on Facebook yesterday that I had spent some time in the morning focused on the intentions I have for 2013. I don't believe in resolutions. They do nothing more than set you up for feelings of guilt and failure if you don't accomplish all the "grand" ideas you honestly believe you will accomplish. I like to set intentions. The way I see it is that even the smallest step toward your intention is a success! We all (well not all of us but a lot of us) vow to "resolve to lose weight and get healthy" in the new year. That is a lot of pressure to put on yourself, and we all know stress and pressure are not healthy! Rather, why not say to yourself that you intend to eat more veggies, drink more water, move your body more. These are reasonable intentions and goals that once you achieve, lead you to the bigger and greater goal at hand! I don't mind sharing with you what I jotted down yesterday as my intention for the new year: "Last day of 2012. I head into a new year with the intention to find my joy and enthusiam! To recover myself in all areas of my life and to love myself, accept myself and be myself!" Last year my word was "Free" and this year it is "Recover". So, with that said, I am dusting off my blog and recovering her from her year long hiatus. I have taken on a year-long scrapbooking endeavor called "Project Life" and have even joined a blog hop so that each month I can share with you (if any of you are still here that is, LOL) where I am at in the process. I believe this will help keep my attentions on my creative hobby and my blog. I won't tell you that I'll post each and every day here, but I do intend (I really love that word, ya know..) to post more regularly. Not just scrappy, crafty stuff but health and wellness and life stuffs as well. I look forward to this new year and working towards all the intentions I have for myself. Not all of them will be easy but who ever said life was easy and isn't there some sort of saying like "nothing valuable comes easy?" or something of that nature? I hope that some of you will stick around with me here. I'd love to hear your intentions for the new year, we can cheer each other on as we embark on our best year yet, 2013! I'm ready....bring it on baby!! Until next time, Blessings!

2 comments:

Donna Norris said...

Way to go girl! So proud of you! I dusted my blog off too! Can't wait to see what you do this year.

moncoff said...

You go girl! Here's to a happy and productive 2013!