Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy September!

Wow, can it be September already?? Yep, it can! Mandi started school last week and seems to be really excited about this new year and her teachers, which is always a good thing! I've been busy organizing my sCRAP room, purging out the stuff I never use but hadda have (you know those items right? LOL), and moving storage things around so that it makes more sense and is easier for me, so therefore, not tooo much creatin' going on! I did start a circle journal layout yesterday and am hoping to work some more on it tonight...got a bit sidetracked but now I can come back to it with a fresh view!

So, the start of a new month, the start of a new school year, and a new article for me this month in S.S. Reflections ! I'm going to share a layout here that is part of my article (for those who don't know, I write on a contributory basis, a few times a year for this wonderful online scrapping and stamping magazine, doing digital articles)but for the rest you'll need to head over and check out the ezine..trust me, you won't be sorry you did, there are so many fantastic things to read, see and learn there each month! This layout was done with a picture of our family taken in the early 1970's. Every year, during the fall, my parents would take my sister and I up to this dude ranch (do they even still say "dude ranch" anymore???) for a long weekend of horsebacking riding, trail rides,and bbq's...it was fun! One of their longtime friends, who also frequented the ranch (that's how they originally met in fact), was also a photographer for the Chicago Tribune. Guy took this picture of us and it appeared in the travel section of the paper! I created a simple digi layout with it! Credits to the layout include: Scrappy Pony, Jeannie Papai, and Atomic Cupcake.
I still remember this picture being taken!

Also, changing up the tunage on the blog...yep, got this one playing on my iPod all day, just love it! Don't ya think the beginning sounds kinda like the Halloween movie music? Speaking of...how can they do a remake of my most favorite horror movie!!! WHAT??!! Horror movies are my favorite genre to watch and at the top of my list is Halloween! I own it...I watch it non-stop during Halloween week and I have been known to watch it (just last week in fact) during the non-holiday time of year! I cannot believe that they are doing a remake! You can't remake a classic (at least in my humble opinion!)...so, I will be boycotting this new version...I know, I sound like a baby but I'm staying true to my first love! Hee Hee...wouldn't Jamie Lee be so proud!

so that's it for today, need to get back to my layout and put some progress to it! Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Until next time,
Blessings!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I agree you shouldn't remake classic movies..they should re-release the old movie if they want to and show it in the theatre but leave perfection alone!!

Good luck organizing your scrap room!!!

Anonymous said...

A big no on remakes either. Godo luck with your scraproom.

Lynette van Barrelo said...

oh no!!! they can't butcher a classic like Halloween! Write them a letter! Kick them in the shins if you must but they can't do it!

Love the layout and the photo! Its nice that you remember something that happened SO LONG AGO!!! Haaa! just teasing!

chris jenkins said...

halloween scares me. i can't watch scary movies at all. i think they ran out of ideas so now they keep remaking movies these days.

thanks for sharing the great LO - i need to scrapbook old pictures one of these days.

i love this Linkin Park song. i also find the video very eye-opening and powerful.

hope you had a good weekend!

take care~

Carla said...

Wow I totally would never take you as a HOLLOWEEN person.....you love the scary stuff, movies, ect? I you one of these people that decorates your house for the Holloween season? Do you ever go to the Lake County Fair grounds haunted house? I went 2 years ago, waited in line for over 2 1/2 hours to go through that thing.....Very fun!

Cathy said...

I'm not a scary movie person. HATE THEM!

Love this LO. Sweet photo!

Janette said...

Gorgeous LO! I love how you scrap the old and the new! Most people only want to scrap the new. Have a great day!

Ramie :-) said...

Love the layout!! Hope your scrap room is all put back together..and that you'll come finish mine for me too! ;-)