Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This boy....

Was the subject of my latest foray into scrapbooking. I spent some time last week and did another layout for my Ozzi album. I took this photo of him about a month or so ago, and I just love it. I love how his little nose is all in focus, I love his little nose!

Used some Bazzill of course, the patterned paper I can't remember who makes it..sorry...I also tried my hand at some Glimmer Mists, using them on the chipboard bracket that I had painted black. Man, those things are fun! Thank you Tracy and Amy for the pointers on how to use them so you don't get all those little splotches! the rub-ons were My Minds Eye and I used a combination of Thickers and rub-ons for the title! Pretty simple. Oh yeah, the rub-ons say "Strong" "Brave" "Loyal" (this layout didn't want to photograph well...)



I really like doing the 6 x 12 size! so, there ya have it, another layout for the album...cha ching!

Other than that, life is pretty much just grooving along as it should. I've recovered from all my muscle woes and happy to say that I've been working out with the trainer and it feels great! Don't know if there is much of a change at this point...heck, it's only been a few weeks...but, mentally, I feel good. One bonus is that I have made some much needed changes to my diet, adding in a heck of a lot more protein than I had been previously eating (which, was about zero!! yikes!!), and I've really increased my water intake a ton! I was someone who could go (now, don't fall over when you read this), with one glass of water a week..maybe??!! I know, I know...but as of today and as of about 2 weeks ago, I am at about 88 oz. of water a day...that's right people, a day!!!!!

On the family front, Miss Mandi is set to graduate in a week...A WEEK!! I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that pretty soon I'll have a daughter in high school! We are on offical countdown, as last Monday was her last Monday...yesterday was her last 10th hour, you get the picture?? Next week it's all fun and games and total picture taking opportunites for me! Yahoo, scrappy material, here we come!

This is the announcement that Chris Jenkins so fabulously designed for me. Chris also took the photos. Chris was raising money to help benefit a young man that she knows who was in a terrible accident and was going to need some pretty hefty reahb. All the monies she collected for her work were being donated to the family...how cool is she? Anyways, when I read on her blog that she was doing this, I immediately asked her to design an announcement for Mandi that I could send to my family and friends. I just love her talent!! Thanks Chris!!



I'm also excited to say that Chris will once again be in the area and we are doing another shoot with her!! Yahoo!! this time we are heading into the city, should be a blast!!

alright then, I suppose that's it. I've switched out the tune again...this time it's a song I'm loving at the moment "Stay Beautiful"...just really digging it right now! so.....

until next time,
Blessings!

2 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

Aww..look at your little O, he is too adorable. Give him a hug from me!!.
Congrats on Amanda..how exciting is that!!! Time flies desn't it.
Ok so now, on those 88 oz..I think I would wet the bed if I drank that much 20 a day tops..and that's pushing. Don't get me wrong, but it's rare that I drink anything with a meal..LOL. they just seem to go together. BTW
So impress with you and that trainer!!! I'm so out of shape it would be hard to ever know I was a lean , mean fighting Marine Corps machine!!! wow..crazy!

Ramie :-) said...

Love hte layout and the announcement from Chris! Glad you are feeling better and getting a good workout too! I think I might hit the gym hard when in CO...its cheaper then here, and I'll have daycare! he he he!