Thursday, August 23, 2007

Crash...literally!

yep, I experienced my very first car crash today! Thankfully, everyone is fine, including my car (it appears that way anyhow) and I was not the one who caused this but the victim (sounds strange saying thankfully huh?)..I was sitting at a green light behind someone who was making a left hand turn, when WHAMM-O! This girl slammed into the rear of my Libby (yep, I call my car Libby...it's this cute, little, blue Jeep Liberty). Mandi was in the car with me and we both just sorta looked at each other like "what the heck???"..I got out and looked with such amazement at my car and there is no visible damage!! The girl who hit me, well, her car is toast!! She was very shaken up, very apologetic (as she should be, after all she hit me), told me that she thought the light was green (hello..it was!) and I think that she meant that she saw a green light and thought I was moving..oy! After the police report was made, I was able to take off, and am taking my Libby to my dealership tomorrow to have it looked over. Her car, well, it had to be towed from the scene...the entire front end was folded up to her windshield! I'm so glad that nobody was hurt, especially my little girl, however, she was quite shaken by the whole experience! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Libby gets a clean bill of health tomorrow and that this accident didn't cause internal things to be all wonky and stuff...
So, I'm kinda wired you could say and decided that I needed to do some scrappy stuff! I took a picture this past weekend of Mandi and Roger and thought I'd play around with that tonight. I am so not a photographer, no matter how hard I'm trying and I have just come to the conclusion that I am leaving my camera on automatic settings and just taking the pics I want...if they aren't professional looking..so be it!
Credits for this layout include: Digichicks, SVDesigns, AClegg, Robyn Cabana, Jeannie Papai, and Atomic Cupcake.
Let me just say that both my wonderful daughter and wonderful husband were total pains in the rear...whining and complaining the whole time about me wanting to take pictures...humpf! This was about the best shot I got...I seriously need to sit them both down and have a talk with them...I'm a scrapper for heaven's sake! LOL
Can I also just say again how much I enjoy this digi stuff! I find it soooo much easier to do. WAIT a minute now, I still love my paper, in fact I have a ton of pics and papers pulled for an all day crop I'm going to Saturday...but, I do love the digi....nuff said!
Well, think I might go take a hot bath and make some tea...I'm feeling the need to read some more in my book and just chill..
Until next time,
Blessings!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Glad neither you, Mandi, or the other driver were hurt. Sounds to me like Libby will be fine as well.

I'm packing LIGHT for tomorrow. (yea Right). I'm seriously going to try anyway.

I understand your pain with the camera thing. Heck, we sat next to each other in class. I'm starting to think we just didn't have the right teacher. What are your thoughts on that???

See you tomorrow!

Janette said...

WOW girl I am glad you two are safe and sound. The Lord was watching out for you that is for sure. keep an eye on sore necks in the next few days. That can always happen a few days after.

Great LO. Love those colours. My girls and hubby give me a hard time about the camera too.

Have a fabulous weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like you were lucky, I am happy to hear there was no serious damage to both you and the car.

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad the two of you are okay! Hello, Cricket!

jess said...

that would have been so scary in the car!! Lucky your okay!!!
Love your layout!! Your husband and daughter must be happy to see the outcome now? Hopefully it means they will pose for longer next time!! LOL!!
Xx Jess

Lynette van Barrelo said...

Glad you and Mandi are OK. Libby should be too. After all, the panels are the first to suffer damage so she should be right.

I had a friend whose car ploughed into a parked car at traffic lights once. His car was written off but the car he crashed into was untouched. When the occupants of the car in front got out of their car they were a Catholic priest and a nun!

Barb said...

Sorry about the accident; so glad everyone is okay.

And love the name Libby for a Jeep Liberty. Perfect!